Saturday, May 25, 2013

Berkley Trilene Fluorocarbon


I've also invested in some fluorocarbon. You can get 50yds of 20lbs Berkley Trilene for a fiver from Veals - along with some far more expensive fluorocarbons.

This is the stuff which is meant to be invisible to fish because it has the same refractive index as water, whatever that means. I'm struck by the fish that turned away from the lure the other day and wonder if the leader spooked it.

It's around the same thickness as the 15lbs clear Amnesia I've been using, but I've read mixed reviews when it comes to knot strength.

Most bass bloggers seem to swear by it all the same, so I thought I'd give it a pop. It knots up nicely, forming a neat grinner first pull. Unless I encounter large numbers of suicidal bass this summer, I'll be surprised if I get through 50yds of it.

I've also invested in some smaller swivels to attach my leader to the main line. Genie Snood Swivels look like size 10s but they've got a BS of 45lbs, which should be more than adequate.

Once I've used it and - hopefully - caught a few on it, I'll let you know whether it's up to the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment