Monday, January 07, 2013

Weather gets cold in winter - shock, horror

That's going to get cold come the weekend. Proper cold, with frost and stuff. I don't know why I still cling to the naiive belief that this season might still shake off the doldrums and throw up something decent, but news the mercury's set to fall has got me re-tackling rods ready to hit the rivers.

I wonder if it will be the last chance to turn my fortunes around. A few phone calls and texts have now revealed one water which does seem to have been producing a few pike. I have a feeling this will be a short-lived thing and I'd be on there tomorrow if I could.

If the rain holds off for a few days, it could be fining down nicely by the end of the week. Then again, a sharp frost could kill it. I don't even want to think about what snow would do to the system - anyone remember the winter of 2010/11..?

No comments:

Post a Comment