Friday, January 11, 2013

Desperation creeps in

Tomorrow's plan is have a lie-in, see what the weather's doing, then get out with the lure rods for a few hours to see if I can find anywhere they're holding up.

If I do, I'll go back and give it a more thorough work-out with the bait rods. I'm not sure if this sounds like the makings of a plan or sheer desperation creeping in.


I'm even worse at lure fishing than I am at fishing with baits, believe it or not on current form. But it only takes one or two good fish to turn your luck around. And one or two twenties would make it for me in what remains of this season.

I've already worked out what I've done wrong, chasing an ever-decreasing number of big fish in the hope of catching a serious lump. I quietly expected one or the other fish we had out over 25lbs last season might do it if I could only be there on the right day.

Needless to say, this didn't work out. Being wrong is probably half the reason I still love doing this. The other half being the one that's down to Lady Luck.

I now wonder if either of those pike are still in the part of the system concerned, as to my knowledge no-one's caught either of them this season. That might sound like a bold statement, but neither of them were the big fish others were chasing on another nearby drain last time around.

So it's back to the drawing board. But there are still a few weeks left.

No comments:

Post a Comment