Sunday, September 16, 2012

Maybe the pike will hit one of these

More of same tomorrow, with an added twist. I'm wondering if it's worth trying shallow-running jerkbaits over the top of the weed, having found a couple I bought years ago.

I saw other signs of pike stirring on the new stretch I tried today. One or two fish were interested enough to come after the lure, but turned away in the clear water instead of attacking.

Maybe the faster-moving jerks will provoke a response as they flash over their heads. I'm pretty sure the pictured specimen only gets down to around 18", though I can't for the life of me remember what it's called.

It's going in the bag, with one of its equally-garish cousins anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a reef hawg, spinner baits over the top of the weed should sort a few out.

    ReplyDelete