Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thaw sets in slowly

It's thawing out there, by all accounts. While you can't catch 'em when the water's frozen, they reckon you're in with a shout when the lid comes off.

One month left, and counting. I had all kinds of targets when the season started, back in the balmy days of September. So far, I've managed just one.

It's now 10 days since I managed to get a bait in anywhere. I'm desperate to get out tomorrow, even though smart money says catching anything's going to be more a matter of luck than judgement as snow melt swells the rivers and drains.

I know two spots where I might stand a chance. Both offer the fish somewhere to get out of the flow and the inevitable salt that will have washed off the roads.

That's assuming it isn't all still frozen when I get out there, obviously. But I won't know that unless I get out there for a look. And if I don't do that, I'll be in with even less chance of catching anything. So I might as well take the rods - just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment